- You go through your collection of Conde Nast Traveler magazines and can’t find any articles about any of the places you’re going.
- When you look on popular online forums like Lonely Planet Thorntree and Virtualtourist, most of the questions ask, “Is it safe there?”
- Not only are there no hotels listed in the cities and towns on Tripadvisor, the cities and towns themselves aren’t in the site’s database.
- A major bookstore had to special order the guidebook for you, and while the clerk was processing the payment he asked, “Where’s that?”
- When your friends and family where you’re going, and you tell them, they just nod and shake their heads. Because they’ve never heard of it either.
- And let’s be honest, until a few weeks before your trip, you probably didn’t know some of your destinations existed either!