This month I received more beauty boxes than I knew what to do with. They all arrived within a week of one another, necessitating a major re-organization of my guest room (also known as my beauty product sample storage room). Since there’s so much stuff I’m not going to break it down by price or photograph everything; instead I’ll just share the entire box in the order it was received.
The first box to hit my mailbox this month was the LookFantastic October box, which shipped all the way across the Atlantic from the UK to my home in Canada. This box cost £15, including international shipping, and arrived quite quickly. The box contained:
- L’Oreal Professional Pro-Keratin Refill shampoo and conditioner samples (travel sized)
- KMS Free Shape Quick Blow Dry Spray, which I reviewed back in May and said I would buy if I saw on sale (no need to buy it now!)
- Balance Me Facial Expression Filler
- Gatineau Collagen Expert Smoothing Cream
- Korres Citrus shower gel
- Edit! I forgot that I also received a This Works linen spray that promotes sleep. I forgot about it because I’ve had it by my bed and have been using it every night since it arrived!
Overall I was happy with the box and have used all three of the hair products already. I will probably consider buying the November box when it goes on sale on November 1st; hopefully it has fewer anti-aging products and maybe a color cosmetic or two.
Next to arrive, a few days later, was my Ipsy bag for October 2014. I knew what I would be getting because my Glam Room went live at the beginning of the month. I received:
- Jesse’s Girl Mineralized Baked Powder Shadow. I don’t wear a lot of shimmery shadow so I swapped this with a friend who received a skincare product in her bag.
- ECRU New York BB Cream for Hair. Ipsy thinks I have dry hair, apparently. This is the third hydrating hair product I’ve received from them recently.
- Figs & Rouge hand cream in Rose Berry. I prefer unscented creams that don’t clash with my perfume, so will probably donate this to a local shelter.
- City Color Be Matte lipstick in Cappuccino. Shown above with the Jesse’s Girl shadow. This will be great for Kylie Jenner-esque, 90s-inspired lips. It looks a little smudged in the tube but is sealed properly so I’m not worried.
- Skyn Iceland Mini Glacial Cleansing Wipes. I love cleansing wipes for travel and I love Skyn Iceland, so these are a major win!
The last to arrive this month was Topbox. This was the cheapest box of all ($12 CAD compared to Ipsy at $15 USD). However, it was also the least impressive.
- Vichy Purete Thermale Foaming Cleansing Water. I’ll use it.
- Cargo Eye Shadow Primer. Not something I really need in my life.
- Prestige Makeup Eraser Pen. WTF?
- Lise Watier Duo Serum sample. My mom was visiting recently and gave me a few handfuls of these samples; I don’t know where she got them but they’re clearly giving this stuff away as fast as they can.
I’ve got thirty days to put a dent in some of these products before next month’s subscriptions start pouring in! Did you get any of these boxes? What products did you receive?