I took a little hiatus from blogging there, mostly because my trusty camera was in the shop for repairs. The front closure wasn’t closing over the lens properly so it got all scratched up in my purse; fortunately I had purchased an extended warranty plan three years ago and it was still covered! I can’t imagine parting with my trusty Canon Powershot SX260 (it doesn’t have wifi but it has great GPS and a 20x optical zoom… and it’s pink!) and I’m starting to think about buying a Canon D30 (which is waterproof up to 33 meters, I believe) for my upcoming holiday in Central America.
While I was away I managed to use up quite a few products. There are few things in life as satisfying as sweeping all the empties off the bathroom counter, snapping a photo of them and then tossing them away forevermore. So, what were my January empties?
- Live Clean Smoothing Facial Scrub. This was my favorite Live Clean Fresh Face product.
- Clean and Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleaner. You won’t see many repeats in my empties, but I know I’ve shown this before. This is my holy grail skincare product that helps me beat workout-related breakouts on my chest. Buy it on Amazon here and never take a post-gym shower without it again.
- Olay Satin Care shave gel. It works.
- Two products in tubs. On top there is some kind of Alberto hair paste that I used a handful of times a few years ago and then didn’t touch again. On the bottom there is a tub of Free Spirit Botanicals sea salt scrub, which is my favorite salt scrub.
- The pretty pink bottle is Amika Perk Up dry shampoo, which I think I got in either a Topbox or an Ipsy bag. I loved the pretty smell of this dry shampoo.
- Speaking of pretty smells, I feel like using up two Secret deodorants this month makes me seem rather smelly! In fact, one of them was unopened and found in the bottom of a drawer; it expired before I remembered it was there.
- My sample bottle of Vichy Purete Thermale foaming cleanser exploded in my luggage on my way home from a recent trip. Fortunately I pack my toiletries inside a waterproof kit which I then wrap in plastic bags, so nothing was ruined.
- Etude House Milk Talk body wash smells like strawberries. I used a few samples of this body wash this month, and still have one pack let.
- Bioderma Sebium Purifying Foaming Cleanser would have been great on my teenaged skin, but it’s a little too drying for me now that I’m in my thirties and live in a freezing cold mountain range!
- Carol’s Daughter Sacred Tiare Styling Cream smelled like a tropical cocktail and hydrated the ends of my hair nicely. This is one that I would actually repurchase as a full-sized product if it were sold in stores near me.
- Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion facial scrub had a gritty, fine texture and didn’t melt away at first contact with water. Although I love the texture, it was very strongly scented and I worry about the impact of that extreme scent on my skin during the exfoliation process.
- Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief is a decent moisturizer, but nothing special.
- That Carmex lip balm had a cherry scent and nice tingle… along with SPF! Don’t ever leave home without SPF lip balm!
- And finally, I am tossing a bunch of perfume miniatures that I think were already off when I received them. A bunch of them were “classic” scents that have been discontinued for a while, and I think they were stored improperly by the online vendor who I ordered them from. When you are buying discontinued scents online make sure to proceed with caution!
So there you have it, readers! My January empties! What great products did you use up this month?